Thursday, August 20, 2015

People are all vampires

Your words are calm
But your voice sounds thin.
"Did you ever really let me in?"
If thoughts are dead
and words are all,
these letters are all six feet tall.

You wish that I could
let them go,
these troubles that have bound me so.
But I only know how to
be contained.
This nature is my only friend.

These people all are vampires,
needing blood to live.
Open wide - what's inside
is all I have to give.
But it's okay, I'm not mad; I'm a vampire, too.

In the end,
when mountains fall,
these letters will be standing still.
If thoughts are dead
but hearts survive,
ghosts are what will keep us alive.

Every breath that I exhale
is one more death I die.
The air we breath mingled with
other people's lives.
But it's okay, I'm not mad; I'm a vampire, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment